Thursday, March 21, 2013

Skinny Skinny Dry Shampoo Review

I read a whole bunch of reviews on these organic dry shampoos from Skinny Skinny and they were all so full of praise that I felt the need to know first hand.  Yep, they are wonderful!

I have ok hair, it's fine and long, layered and colored.  My natural texture is wavy but not very cute wavy and I only get a good 'natural' hair day once in a blue moon.  I have crazy colics and even if I do my blowdry at night before bed, it's a greasy, flat, tornado mess when I awake...without fail.  In the past I've tried a few different dry shampoos, some where colored (and quite awfully in my opinion), but either they were sticky or the bottle ran out after like 7 uses.  They're not cheap either.  Baby powder pretty much leaves a whiteish hue on most hair colors except white blondes (when I was one this worked pretty well).  In the case it does work for you and you don't mind the scent, I don't see a problem using baby powder.  With all of that said, I'm picking this particular dry shampoo as my favorite!

I used the Rose & Black Pepper scented one in my experiment.  The scent combo is totally my taste, but they also do a Rosemary Lavender, Grapefruit Cardamom and Jasmine.

 I found that because of my particular hair type, using the shampoo at night before I go to sleep, works the best.  I do a little touch up in the A.M. as well and maybe even a little blowdryer action depending on where I'm headed.  It makes the most sense to me to use it at night because it's preventative but decide for yourselves.  I can even get away with two days of using this stuff, but I reserve that for vacation.  Others I know can regularly go a day or 2 in between shampoos so I imagine this product will only extend that for them... luckies. It can be used morning with or without a blowdry refresher and it's a great idea to use it before or after winter hats (a hat head helper)!!  I started bringing this along when I do wedding hair, way useful for that let me tell you!

They have a 1 ounce that's good for travel but the 4.5 oz is a better deal if you're a frequent user.

Organic ingredients and Skinny Skinny Dry Shampoo is nothing but a rave!!






No comments:

Post a Comment